Saturday, August 20, 2011

Springfield Antique Show and Flea Market

What a great day!  The weather cooperated (it wasn't blazing hot!) and there were tons of great finds to be had at the August 2011 Springfield Antique Show and Flea Market.

Plenty of people and vendors were on hand:



Goodies included furniture...


...and chairs...



...and enamelware...


...and FABULOUS retro pieces (if ONLY I had a place for this orange chair...how I L-O-V-E it!)...



...and bargains! (My absolute FAVORITE!!!)...


In the end, I came home with this hand painted ceiling tin tile and wood folk piece that I snagged for $6.  That's more than I would normally pay, but I HAD to have it.  I think it would be a great magazine holder...plus, it's my colors!


I also picked up this little fellow for one buck:


I knew he needed to be mine because I already had one of his brothers at home...


Ummm, yeah.  They are totally NOT as creepy as they might appear in this photo!  (Ha!)


Hope you are having a good Saturday, too!

4 comments:

Calissa Leigh said...

I love all your photographs! I hope you'll keep doing those!

Beth Zellner said...

Darling Calissa, THANK YOU for the kind words!! If you hadn't guessed, I just got a NEW CAMERA (from my Dad) and I have been...um...very ENTHUSIASTIC about using it!!! HA!!! I promise more pics daily :)

Rachel Dilley said...

Beth, how often do they have this flea market in Springfield? I know Springfield is well-known for its antiques, but I've never shopped for them there.

Beth Zellner said...

Rachel, I am so glad you asked!!! As a matter of fact, SEPTEMBER 16, 17 and 18 is the Springfield EXTRAVAGANZA!!! And believe me, it really is fantastic! They hold the regular flea market at the fairgrounds there monthly...even have dedicated INDOOR space for the cold winter months :) I would definitely encourage you to visit!!