Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday Wrap Up: Urbana Flea Market (September, 2011)

Despite temps in the mid-90's, the turn-out was good for the September Urbana Flea Market.  I made a new friend...

Meet Maggie, the Flea Market Dog!
...picked up this stash of Garden Gate mags...

Snagged these 8 Mags for $2.00!
...spotted this lovely...

This child-sized "surrey with the fringe on top" will set you back $300.
...was inspired by this idea...

What a great idea!  If you have a piece of hard-sided luggage that is as attractive as this one,
just add four legs and you've got yourself a ready made side table.  Love it!!
...was SHOCKED to find one vendor selling Scrabble tiles priced at $1.00 EACH!!! ...

If you are a crafter or a thififter you know that Scrabble sets are HOT-HOT-HOT right now. 
But seriously, are these tiles worth $1.00 EACH?  What do you think?
...indulged in my FAVORITE cake...

The most DELISH homemade cake in the universe, she sells these half cakes for only $3.00!
(That way, I'm only half-bad!)
...and I also picked up this fun piece at a garage sale on the way there...

It's already hanging from a shepherd's hook in my yard, where it looks GREAT!

A pretty good day, and I hope you had a good day, too!

4 comments:

Calissa Leigh said...

I love it. Very unique items as focal points and your photographs are great. A few tips on photography: Try to stand with the sun behind you, so the object has the sun on it. Otherwise if you do it from the opposite way, it'll probably appear darker than you really wanted it. :)

Would love to see more garden photos, too! But I love the idea of photographing great finds at flea markets.

Scrabble tiles are popular? Really? :)

Clarissa Wilson said...

I love these pictures! I love going to flea markets, yard sales and garage sales whenever I have the money and the chance! You can really get nice treasures at these places. :)

Beth Zellner said...

Hi Calissa! Thanks for the tips/hints! I appreciate all the help I can get :) Also, I will definitely be having more garden photos (my own garden and others) coming soon!

Beth Zellner said...

Hi Clarissa :) Thank you for stopping by and leaving nice comments! You and I have a lot in common. I just wish I had more $ to spend on my "treasures"!