Friday, September 2, 2011

Urbana Flea Market This Weekend!

This weekend is the monthly Urbana (Ohio) Antique Show and Flea Market.  Some fun things you might want to look for:

Old bottles are always a good bet...
I use these as "objets d'art" in the garden.

An old thermos makes a nice vase...

Lucky Me!  I found this for $1 at a garage sale!
There is usually a gentleman there who does metal work...

I picked up this soldered pine tree a couple of years ago at Urbana.
It's weathered nicely in my yard!
And this is a great time of year to look for wreaths...

This wreath is ginormous!  Not sure yet how I will repurpose it...
As for me, I will be on a very, very strict budget this month.  Little Bijoux needs surgery next week (to the tune of $721!!!) so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

However, there is a Mennonite lady there that makes the MOST delish cakes that I just can't resist.  And I have this idea for a mixed media piece so I will be hunting down some old ephemera (postcards, photos, that sort of thing)...I'll keep you posted on what I find!

If you are interested in attending, the hours are Saturday from 8:00 to 4:00 and Sunday from 10:00 to 3:00. There are four inside buildings and tons of great stuff outside, too!  The event is held at the Champaign County Fairgrounds located at 384 Park Avenue, Urbana, OH.

No comments: