Monday, September 19, 2011

Wow! What A Weekend!

On Saturday I gathered up my gal-pals and we hit the road on the hunt for some flea market treasure.

This festive display set the mood for a wonderful day!

It was a spectacular day here in Ohio and our posse headed west to Springfield, for the Flea Market and Antique Show Extravaganza.

Cock-a-doodle-doo, let's scratch out some bargains!

Just let me tell you that in all the years I have been going to the Springfield show, this was by far the best time I have had there yet.  The folks were all polite, the weather was cooperative, the food was YUMMY and the bargains were...well, EVERYWHERE! 

This kitschy Tiki Bar found a new home.  We saw it being loaded at the end of the day,
and I have a feeling getting it home was the real adventure! 

I talked to several vendors to get their feel for the weekend and they all agreed completely - it had been a great day for them, as well! 

This was Arlene's favorite booth and we had to drag her out of there...
so much else to see!

Of course, I always L-O-V-E to hear that the shopkeepers had a strong day, because that means the good buys will just keep on comin'. 

A great primitive rocking horse.

As the old adage goes, a picture is worth a million words.  So, enough of my editorializing already, here's a snippet of what we saw...

A great barn quilt.  Someday I'm going to make one of these!  (Really!)

A nice selection of luggage and good prices, too!

A vintage sampler.
Beautiful yard decor made from vintage plates and china.
A cute shabby chic idea!


The Extravaganza is so much more than "just" antiques...
like these wonderful field-grown plants!

You know me...I can't go anywhere without making a new canine buddy :) 
I think it is safe to say we BOTH had a great afternoon!

Sharing my finds with

No comments: